GET IN TOUCHHave a question or just want to get in touch? Contact us below!
Practice Information Regarding COVID-19
The health and well-being of our patients, staff, and community remains the highest priority at HealthWise Psychology. We would like to offer the following practice-specific information for current and potential patients, as well as general resources to aid in answering any questions and concerns during this difficult time.
- We are offering telepsychology services for existing patients where illness would prevent face-to-face therapy sessions. We have secure phone and videoconferencing tools, and are monitoring insurance companies to see if coverage will be provided for this service. As always, you are encouraged to reach out to your individual plan to verify your benefits and coverage prior to any visits. Click here for the ClientPortal Telehealth FAQ.
- Our office has a private entrance and restroom.
- We are taking the following precautions to protect our patients and help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- Office seating in the waiting room and in therapy/testing rooms has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- My staff maintains safe distancing.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy/testing rooms and at the reception counter.
- We schedule appointments at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- Pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are regularly disinfected.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms of illness are encouraged to stay home and contact your healthcare provider. We are happy to be flexible regarding cancellation policies and will do our best to accommodate those needing to reschedule. We appreciate your patience as we work together.
Helping Children And Families Cope With The COVID-19 Pandemic (A free e-book filled with child and adult activities)
CDC Guidelines and Information on COVID-19
American Psychological Association tips on managing anxiety and putting news into perspective
Podcast on Coronavirus anxiety by Baruch Fischhoff, Ph.D.
Fax Us: 504-353-9474
Do you accept insurance?
I am an in-network provider for several insurances, including Blue Cross, Aetna, Tricare, and Humana. I will verify your benefit coverage prior to us meeting, and will request the following information to do so: insurance company, customer service number on the back of your card, your member and group IDs, and your birthdate as well as the subscriber’s birthdate. Please note that benefits are an agreement between you and your insurance company. I cannot guarantee any insurance coverage or reimbursement. If you have eligibility concerns or questions, please contact your insurance provider directly.
Are all services covered by insurance?
Whether your insurance will cover services depends on your individual plan as well as the service. Some services are not covered by insurance, such as educational/academic testing. We will be happy to work with you to make sure you get the best services you need with payment options whenever possible.
Want To Stay In The Loop?
Be the first to receive my latest blog posts, news, and other HealthWise Psychology updates.
Learn more about a variety of topics in assessment and treatment of children and adults related to ADHD, anxiety, learning disorders, depression, and health issues, as well as how my therapy services and psychological testing can help.
Need more info? Feel free to ask. For emergencies, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.